Do I qualify for college grants?

When you apply for a Pell Grant, you must meet the following requirements:

2019 DHHS Winner's List
Be currently enrolled at an accredited institution

Be currently enrolled in a four-year program of higher education

Be applying in fall of the year you wish to enroll – Fall 2019/Winter 2020/Summer 2021/Fall 2022/Winter 2023

Not accept any other financial aid

The application begins with a short questionnaire and a review of your academic record to determine if you qualify for college support, if you are in “qualified need” – a program of higher education at high risk for being underfunded and if you have been previously awarded financial aid. The financial aid review can take up to two weeks. It will then determine whether that additional support is going to help you make ends meet, so that you can pay for your education and attend your full time classes.

If a student qualifies for aid, the Office of Admissions will begin the enrollment process immediately. Once your enrollment is approved, you will enter the “Pell Grant Admissions Phase” and begin paying tuition, room and board, tuition for other classes in your degree program, and scholarships.

What is included in a typical program of higher education (including graduate programs)?

All students entering a graduate program will complete one core course for each major.

There are about 20 or more core courses at each school. There are 10 to 15 core courses offered throughout the United States for full-time graduate students.

The core courses will generally be from a major including courses on a variety of subjects (from the liberal arts down to pre-professional/industrial/professional) – in a particular discipline or in various majors.

Students must satisfy a minimum 3.0 GPA and they must demonstrate that they want to achieve a 3.0 GPA to apply to graduate school

A typical program of a graduate degree will range in length from one year to one or two decades

How are I required to graduate after graduation?

While most students are required to graduate from their undergraduate programs and enroll in graduate school, not all will be eligible to go forward. We do not currently accept students who did not graduate from the university, were barred from receiving academic credit at that university for four years, have entered into a settlement that prohibits their continuing to pursue a graduate degree (even after graduation) or for some other reason. In addition, not all students who qualify for grants will necessarily be admitted after graduation. The majority of successful applicants will have