– a shop to do your projects
– good tools
– a workspace
– an open floor plan, which allows to see the tools all around you
– a working table or bench
– the correct size furniture to create the work space
– a good lighting plan, so that the work space can be fully illuminated from any direction, at any time
– adequate space to store your tools
– access to a water source (not needed if you have a well-constructed home)
– a good working toilet
This might sound like a lot of things, but this is how you start to build an efficient woodworking shop. To put it into perspective, a large, well-constructed home in the UK costs around £200,000. At an average of £80 per square foot, that is a lot of money! This means that you have to find a way to get by on around £40,000 for a one bedroom, one bathroom house for £20,000. That is a lot of money, and that makes you want to do more research. So, I recommend you start with the following list to help you start out and make a plan and plan again.
1. Find the right space and furniture that will be ideal for your woodworking needs.
2. Make a work space.
3. Get a work table or bench that meets your needs. This might be an option for many people, but if you can’t afford a table or bench, get a table and bench that has a drawer for you, or get something that has a drawer that can be moved around to allow for more light and workspace.
4. Get an open floor plan. This gives you a lot of flexibility in terms of where you want your work space and how you want to fit it.
5. Find a water source. A well-constructed well-lit space is a must. If you can’t use your toilet, you should have a shower, with a hot water tank in the basement. If you do use that shower, be sure to have the right filter to keep your water clean, and always have it turned off when you are not using it
6. Get something for your working table that can be moved around to allow you to see all your tools when you are working. This is not required if you use a large table, but you will be able to move around your workspace
how to start a cnc woodworking business, woodworking business card holder, woodworking business for sale in nc, how to start a home woodworking business youtube channel, custom woodworking business plan